Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wont boot from disc

I have the last regular MacBook before being discontinued. I went to disk utility and it says corrupted need to boot from OS X install disk to repair.

When I try to boot from the disk, it goes to the grey screen which tells You need to shut down by pressing the power button.

I have tried boot from the disk by pressing C, then option, and even from sys preferences: startup disk.

I cannot find a answer even looking thru a bunch of these forums.

Any help will appreciated.

Thanks

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 24, 2014 1:48 AM

6 replies

Apr 24, 2014 2:00 PM in response to OGELTHORPE

It sits there at the apple logo screen, loading. Then after a few minutes the screen goes grey and says you must restart by holding down the power key.

Yes its functional, when i actually let the computer boot normally it reads it and opens just fine.

Its clear, first time ever taken out of the package, its the original that came with it.

Wont boot from disc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.