How to make the SharePoint portal compatible with iPAD.
Please help me by considering the following points, discovered in real time scenario, while doing R&D:
1) The site opens using the IP address but on repeated testing done to open site, facing the same issue of loading the site.
2) The site does not display any error, the page just does not load, credential screen does not appear.
3) Internet is used on iPAD through Wi-Fi as well as 3G. I had tested through Wi-Fi. Another site (HR) hosted does not give any issues.
4) Browsing is done through Safari in the iPAD.
5) The IOS version on the problematic iPAD - 7.0.1
Is this an externally facing sharepoint site, IE accessible from the internet? Are you accessing a wi-fi connection on the same lan segment? Are you sure the iPad isnt 7.1.1?
"The site opens using the IP address but on repeated testing done to open site, facing the same issue of loading the site."
Do you mean you can access it via IP but not via hostname? Have you checked your DNS Settings?
Yes, This is externally Facing Sharepoint site.
Accessible from internet
iPad IOS 7.0.1
Both IP and Hostname gives problemyes site works on other devices properly. Only giving problem with iPAD
These are some answers that i got from Cleint side .
Actual issues that client face are:
sometimes it prompts for credentials twice or more
and when it does not , site does not even load
nor does the site prompt for credentials also