Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes producer stuck at "Authentificating with the iTunes Store"

Hello all,

I created a really nice book using "ibooks author" software which is now finished and ready to publish.

I already created a itunes connect account for that.

So, I downloaded itunes producer 3.0, and I created the "book package" from ibooks author using "publish" menu.

From itunes producer, I filled the fields like that :

Serie : name of the serie

Author primary : Forname Lastname

Description : text

BISAC, BIC and CLIL subject categories

Publisher : I put my name. It's the name I used to get my ITIN. <- is it the good way to fill that ?

Publication date : blank <- is it optional, no ?

Book language : french

Vendor ID : it's the same number as my ISBN number

ISBN-13 : the ISBN number I got for this book.

In price, I put worldwide with publication type "digital only", "EUR" and the price.

In last part, the ibooks file was already there (aroun 125 Mb) and I added the ibook sample file I created from ibooks author.

when I hit "submit", I stay stuck at "Authenticating with the iTunes store". I let the computer like that during 6 hours, and no evolution at all.

I tried several times to recreate the book package, either from ibooks author or from scratch with ibooks files. I tried with another mac too, nothing works.

Any idea ?

Thanks you all,

Greg.

User uploaded file

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), iTunes producer 3.0

Posted on Apr 24, 2014 7:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2014 8:12 PM

Publication date : blank <- is it optional, no ? No ! Put a date in - from the days date you re-upload - but in truth it matters little - but dont place it say a month in advance--- or it may not get into the store or be available to purchase until that date - you get a Pre-order notice on the books page!

I suggest your delivery went into a locked mode. Better to end it and start again.

You seem to have a lot of images - are they all the correct size and format?

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2014 8:12 PM in response to ierodotorg

Publication date : blank <- is it optional, no ? No ! Put a date in - from the days date you re-upload - but in truth it matters little - but dont place it say a month in advance--- or it may not get into the store or be available to purchase until that date - you get a Pre-order notice on the books page!

I suggest your delivery went into a locked mode. Better to end it and start again.

You seem to have a lot of images - are they all the correct size and format?

Apr 28, 2014 1:35 AM in response to ierodotorg

Ok, I found that the problem was due to my internet connection. Our satelite upload rate is too slow for Apple..

It's a bad point for Apple to consider that everybody is in the USA !

Well, I did find a better sat link friday night, and the transfer is now OK, and now I wait for the green light.

Thanks vinnyvg for your help !

Have a nice day,

Greg

May 29, 2015 11:18 PM in response to heidi56init

So many variables..it's hard to guess which is causing the issue.

Max size of a book is 2gb. I suggest you download the current iBooksAuthor asset guide for full details.

DRopping or inserting images is no always an indication that the first check made when you click the Submit button ...will accept the size or format.

IF you have problems...they should be identified when the upload is rejected.

THe best I can suggest now...is....if at first You don't succeed.....etc! IT could simply be a computer/ wifi glitch.

iTunes producer stuck at "Authentificating with the iTunes Store"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.