Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have factory reset and firmware updated my airport extreme, but although it should have dual network capacity, I can now only create a single network.. Suggestions please

I have factory reset the extreme base station and updated firmware, however, now there do not appear to be dual networks. Why is that

Posted on Apr 24, 2014 8:38 AM

5 replies

Apr 24, 2014 10:03 AM in response to SianRich68

Before you reset the AirPort Extreme back to factory default settings, you may have enabled a setting in Wireless Options on the router to assign a separate name to the 5 GHz band.

IF......you did this, then you had one band displaying your network name and another band displaying your network name with (5 GHz) added to the name. So, it would appear that you had 2 networks.

When you reset the AirPort back to factory settings, it returned to its default setup of using the same name for both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands.

Might this be what you are seeing?

Apr 24, 2014 11:53 AM in response to Bob Timmons

When I set up the base station from new, I was automatically aboe to set up two networks. I was expecting this to happen after doing the factory reset. I thought that in having two networks, one being the house nertwork, the other being the office, that this would streamline the usage enabling the office network to be quicker and work more efficiently.

I have factory reset and firmware updated my airport extreme, but although it should have dual network capacity, I can now only create a single network.. Suggestions please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.