Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5s calender bug?

Hi,

Yesterday I encountered this phenomenon on my iPhone.
I was browsing through my calender while suddenly some of my appointments dissapeared and later on re-appeared in my calender.

For your information, this calender was stored locally on my iphone and I was connected to the internet through a VPN on my wifi.

I added some pictures below as I took screenshots of this phenomenon.

Picture 1:

My second appointment of that day seems to be missing.

User uploaded file

Picture 2:

My first appointment of that days seems to be missing.

User uploaded file

Picture 3:

All of the appointments have reappeared in my calender.

User uploaded file

I kept on trying to see if this would happen again, and later on that night this phenomenon reappeared.

Again, I took some screenshots.

Picture 1:

Appointment 1 is gone.

User uploaded file

Picture 2:

Appointment 1 reappeared (not shown on picture) and number 3 dissappeared.

User uploaded file

Picture 3:

Everything seem to be normal again.

User uploaded file

Now, the non-trivial question here is :

Is this a bug in the iOS system, or was my iPhone hacked and was someone messing with me?

Kind Regards

<Edited By Host>

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 24, 2014 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2014 9:06 AM

You're phone wasnt hacked unless you're iPhone was jailbroken. So you dont have to worry about someone messing with you.

Has this happened to you multiple times? And are you able to recreate the bug?

8 replies

Apr 24, 2014 10:05 AM in response to schreudern

Yes I am. What troubleshooting steps have you tried? Have you tried a reset? Hold the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. The phone will reboot. Do you sync your calendar with something on your computer, such as Outlook? If so, did you look on the computer to see what the calendar looks like? If you don't sync to an application on the computer, how are you backing up your calendar in case something is wrong for you to get content back?

Apr 24, 2014 1:38 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Ok guys, thanks for the clarification!

I haven't tried any troubleshooting as the appointments reappeared soon after the so called bug.

I didn't look into any synchronisation options yet, thanks for the tip to consider a backup location.

Consider this case closed and solved as my question has been answered.

Still remains a mystery what has caused this bug to appear though.

Kind regards.

iphone 5s calender bug?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.