Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing videos from iPhoto into iMovie 10.0.3

I am trying to import videos from iPhoto into iMovie 10.0.3. When I open an iPhoto event, it shows the photos and videos. When I select a photo, a yellow highlight box appears around the photo, and I can drag a photo into the Project Pane or an event. When I try to do the same with a movie it won't work. the hightlight box does not apppear and when I try to drag the movie, nothing happens. If I double-click on the movie, mouse will change to a hand icon but when I drag the movie into the Project Pane, the last selected photos is inserted.

Thanks for any assistance.

Bill

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), iMovie 10.0.3

Posted on Apr 24, 2014 9:08 AM

5 replies

Apr 24, 2014 5:17 PM in response to Bill Richardson1

To edit a movie clip into the timeline double click on the event which will open the event. Then you need to place the cursor just at the edge of the desired clip and drag through the clip. This should highlight the entire clip and you can drag it into thr timeline. If you don't want the whole clip then click in the clip where you want it to start and drag out a selection. Does this work for you?

Apr 25, 2014 7:44 PM in response to Jim Wanamaker

You are absolutely right, I should not need to go into the iPhoto files to add a video to my iMovie project. Unfortunately, the problem I am having, and the reason I created this discussion, is I can't seem to use the iPhoto Library in iMovie to add video. If you can drag a video clip from there into the Projects Pane, please tell me what the secret is because I have tried on two computer and neither of them will let me.

Thanks again

Bill

Apr 25, 2014 8:51 PM in response to Bill Richardson1

Once you have expanded the iPhoto event that contains the video clip you want then double click on it and that will select the whole clip. Then drag it into the timeline. If you want only a part of the clip just place the cursor where you want to begin and hold down the mouse button for a moment and then drag out a selection which you can then drag to the timeline as before. This is the way it works. If there is a problem when you do this then there is an issue with your iMovie installation. Hope this will work for you.

Importing videos from iPhoto into iMovie 10.0.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.