Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I create a multi-session in Mac OS 10.9.2 that can be 'appended' on a Windows machine?

I need to be able to burn a CD with some files but leave the CD open so that someone else can add some files. Although googling helped provide me some info on how to go about this once I need to burn the CD, but I am not sure that this CD will be able to be appended by someone using a Windows PC. This is going to be a necessity. Does anyone know about this or has had any luck doing this?

Thanks in Advance

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), 8GB RAM

Posted on Apr 24, 2014 9:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2014 4:38 PM

I don't have a plain CD, but I tried a CD-RW and the ability to leave it appendable was not available. I'm not sure if that is related to CD-RW or if the feature was dropped in Mavericks.

Check the More Like This links on the right.

The process previously was to create an image of the folder that held the things you wanted to burn. Then, in Disk Utility, burn the image to disk and check the box to leave it appendable. This was only available for CDs, not DVDs.

You might try some other burning software.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2014 4:38 PM in response to Barry Lee Reynolds

I don't have a plain CD, but I tried a CD-RW and the ability to leave it appendable was not available. I'm not sure if that is related to CD-RW or if the feature was dropped in Mavericks.

Check the More Like This links on the right.

The process previously was to create an image of the folder that held the things you wanted to burn. Then, in Disk Utility, burn the image to disk and check the box to leave it appendable. This was only available for CDs, not DVDs.

You might try some other burning software.

How do I create a multi-session in Mac OS 10.9.2 that can be 'appended' on a Windows machine?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.