Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using iWorks 8 or 9 with Mavericks

I have some trouble with Page 5 (Mavericks) and I would like to know if it is possible to run iWorks 8 opr iWorks 9 with Mavericks.

All my files have been created with iWorks6 and iWorks8 and now, Page-Numbers-Keynote refuse to open them because they are too old and ask me to save them in 09. But I have not these old versions anymore. I have a zip (iWorks8.zip) but it is impossible to uncompress this archive (Err 1)...

Is it possible to reinstall iWorks 8, then update to 9 and run it to save my files in 09 format ?

May I have to buy again a old version of Page to be able to open my files ?

I am really annoyed...

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Apr 24, 2014 11:02 AM

2 replies

Apr 26, 2014 10:03 AM in response to PeeweeStAvril

Hi PeeweeStAvril,

I apologize, I am a bit unclear on your exact issue. Are you certain that it is asking you to upgrade the documents to the iWorks '09 format, or is it asking you to upgrade them because it is recognizing them as the iWorks '09 format? If it is the latter, you may find the following articles helpful:

About the new iWork for Mac: Features and compatibility

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6049

iWork for Mac: Working with iWork '09 files

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5994

Regards,

- Brenden

Apr 26, 2014 10:15 AM in response to PeeweeStAvril

iWork '09 works fine on Mavericks, I have both iWork '09 and the latest Pages, Numbers & Keynote on mine.

You do not need to install iWork '08 to get to iWork '09. They are two separate products.

You won't need Pages '08 because Pages '09 will open Pages '08 files perfectly, unlike Pages 5.

Amazon is selling the iWork '09 DVD boxed set for about US$27.

Peter

Using iWorks 8 or 9 with Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.