Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't play tv show purchased on mac itunes on apple tv

I purchased a tv series HD on my imac and can't play it on Apple TV (3rd generation). It shows the tv show but just tries to load it, but keeps loading and never loads it. I have Home Sharing turned on and like I said my Apple TV shows the tv show, but doesn't successfully load it. Any advice?

AppleTV 2, Mac OS X (10.7.5), imac OSX above itunes 11.1.5

Posted on Apr 24, 2014 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2014 1:12 PM

Where are you trying to access it from? If under the TV Shows icon you will be accessing the cloud. Ensure you are under the Computers icon.

If you are in the right spot and experiencing issues make sure all content is fully loaded on your iMac. If it is then it is a problem with the local network. Try ethernet if on wifi. Make sure router is up to date, reboot ATV and router. Check istumbler.net to get a report of the network, look for signal strength and noise.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2014 1:12 PM in response to mcriddle

Where are you trying to access it from? If under the TV Shows icon you will be accessing the cloud. Ensure you are under the Computers icon.

If you are in the right spot and experiencing issues make sure all content is fully loaded on your iMac. If it is then it is a problem with the local network. Try ethernet if on wifi. Make sure router is up to date, reboot ATV and router. Check istumbler.net to get a report of the network, look for signal strength and noise.

Can't play tv show purchased on mac itunes on apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.