Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why the jigsaw puzzle app will not open. I've had it a couple weeks,and have played often.however it will not open now

Why will the jigsaw HD app not open .ive had it several weeks and have played it a lot ,now it will not open

Posted on Apr 24, 2014 12:56 PM

2 replies

Apr 24, 2014 1:29 PM in response to Bus driver 16

Try to force close the app.

If your have iOS6 double tap the home button. You'll see all the app icons line up on the bottom of the screen. Hold your finger down on the icon in question and when they start to wiggle tap the white minus in the red circle to close that app. Single tap the home button to exit the mode.

If you have iOS7 double tap the home button. You'll see the app icons and a preview window on the screen. Scroll sideways if needed to get to the app in question and flick the preview up and off the screen. Single tap the home button or tap on the home page preview to exit the mode.

Once you've force closed it, try the app again.

Apr 24, 2014 1:34 PM in response to Bus driver 16

When an app misbehaves I first quit the app and restart it. Double click the Home button to show the screen with running and recently used apps. Each app icon will have a sample page above it. Flick up on the page (not the app icon) and the page will fly away and the app icon will disappear. This quits that app.

If that doesn't work I'll quit the app again and then reset my device. Press and hold the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Let go of the buttons and let the device restart. Then try the app again.

If it still acts up I'll delete the app and download it again. Be sure that the app is still in the App Store or check to see if you have a copy of the app in iTunes on your syncing computer before you delete it.

If after downloading the app again it still doesn't work I would contact the developer of the app to see if they are aware of the problem.

Why the jigsaw puzzle app will not open. I've had it a couple weeks,and have played often.however it will not open now

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.