Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SSH Connection Fails OS X Server 3.1.1

Dear all: I am having trouble connecting to my OS X Server on the local network via SSH. I am only able to connect when using the server's local administrator credentials. When I try using the credentials of any other administrator (Local Network Users) the conection fails. The server is receiving the requests on port 22, but it refuses the Open Directory password everytime...

Any and all advice is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Max

Posted on Apr 24, 2014 1:01 PM

1 reply

Apr 24, 2014 1:34 PM in response to Maximilian S. Maurer

If you haven't I would verify you don't have any restrictions in place in the gui under System Preferences/Sharing/Remote Login such as restricting access to only one user, or if you want admins to have access, having the administrators group or whatever admin group(s) allowed. If this is fine, this can be managed via dscl. There is a good how to here:

http://superuser.com/questions/166179/how-to-enable-remote-access-for-another-ac count-on-mac-remotely-via-ssh

SSH Connection Fails OS X Server 3.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.