Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp: Early 2011 MacBook Pro boots to black screen with blinking cursor after windows 7 installation.

I bought and downloaded the windows 7 ultimate edition 64 bit iso, then proceeded to perform a correct burn to a DVD one at the slowest speed and one at the fastest. all went well. so I open Boot Camp assistant and follow the instructions to the letter, downloaded the driver support to the flash drive. partitioned my drive with more than enough room 150 gb. its starts its install. I get through everything seamlessly where I put in my info all with the exception of my activation code. yet it still continues to finalize the install and does another restart. boots back up to either A. black screen saying press any key to boot to my install disk. B. if I take it out just a white curser. also I read it may be because I had the flash drive in while I was trying to boot so I removed it as well, same result. any input would be much appreciated.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 24, 2014 2:06 PM

9 replies

Boot Camp: Early 2011 MacBook Pro boots to black screen with blinking cursor after windows 7 installation.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.