Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PowerAgent for Mac 7.7.5 won't open

I just updated PowerAgent for Mac from v7.5.8.47 to v 7.7.5 and now PowerAgent won't open. I did reboot, re-installed, etc. I had to re-install v7.5.8.47 to get PowerAgent to open. Any ideas on whether this is user (idiot) error on my part as to why v7.7.5 won't open, or is it a problem with the release?

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 24, 2014 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2014 3:39 PM

I had the same problem. I called powertap and they said my java needed updating. That didn't work. How do I get v7.5.8.47 to reinstall?

18 replies

May 1, 2014 8:33 PM in response to RKironman

Have you used other training software in the past? i.e., GoldenCheetah or TrainingPeaks? If so, it may have loaded FTDI Chip drivers to emulate a serial port to communicate with an older device.

I had to manually remove those drivers and then ... presto Poweragent 7.7.5 recognized my JouleGPS and downloaded all of my ride data, WORKS LIKE ITS SUPPOSSED TO FINALLY !!!

In Finder ...

locate your HD

Finder>Prefrences>Sidebar

Make sure Hard Disks is selected with a checkmark

Finder>"HardDisk Name">System>Library>Extensions>remove any "FTDIserialdriver.kext" (send to trash)

Finder>"HardDisk Name">Library>Reciepts> Remove any file that mentions "....USB.kext" (mine was titled RemoteControlUsb.kext)

THAT WAS THE EASY PART .... NOW YOU HAVE TO USE TERMINAL

APPLICATIONS>UTILITIES>TERMINAL

I'll need to look up the exact commands I used, and post tomorrow, try the above and see if that works.

May 2, 2014 10:49 AM in response to RKironman

ok ... I did a little research and you can locate the remaining files without using the "Terminal" UNIX Commands

open Finder

>FINDER>GO>GO TO FOLDER

in the window that pops up type in

"/usr/local/lib"

in the path. If the folder exsists you will see several files called

"libftd2xx.0.1.0.dylib" and "libftd2xx.dylib"

their names maybe slightly different depending on the FTDI driver loaded, they should be the only files in there.

DELETE THEM .. move to trash

FINALLY

>SYSTEM PREFRENCES>NETWORK .... look in the sidebar and see if your JouleGPS is listed. If it is, slect it and, disconnect it from the network ... then RESTART your Mac, and reinstall PowerAgent 7.7.5

GoodLuck it worked for me, and I have not been able to download to PowerAgent for almost a year on my iMac .... once a month I use a friends PC, and then export them to a flash drive.

iMac 3.06 GHz/Intel Core 2 Duo // Mavericks 10.9.2

Jan 19, 2015 8:15 PM in response to Bruce_R. Rychlik

Hi folks,

I seem to be having a similar issue. I'm on a new Macbook Air with Yosemite (10.10). I went to download what PowerAgent calls its latest Mac update (7.7.5) but during installation was prompted "To view this web content, you need to install the Java Runtime Environment." It took me to the Java website, where I ensured I had the latest (jre-8u25-macosx-x64). PowerAgent 7.7.5 still would not install. I found this thread and tried PowerAgent 7.5.8.47, but it runs into the same problem. Does anyone know of an actual PowerAgent file that will run on Yosemite and stop wigging out on me during installation? I don't even care about the training software; I'm just trying to make sure my actual G3 hub's firmware is up to date.

Thanks!

PowerAgent for Mac 7.7.5 won't open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.