Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS X Server, File Sharing, Permission

Hi All,

I’m trying to use Mac os X server Maverick in a small team within my
organization. I was able to successfully install and setup the server, which
resides in a local network. I did the following setup:

1 )  Open Directory Setup
      2 )  File Sharing ,  /Users , available for home directory over AFP
      3 )  Created Network users with home folder pointing to /Users
      4 )  Bound Clients to the server
      5 )  XCode Server Setup with git repository
      Users now can login using their own account and their home folder 
      is loaded from the server. Unfortunately there  are issues. Clients are having permission issues,
      which we have never encountered on local machines before we switched to using XCode Server. 
      Here is a list of some of the issues so far 

Xcode issues on client computer:

a)   When creating a XCode project, it reports the error “Couldn’t not find build module Drawin” when clicking create
             button.
I found online a workaround fix that supposedly works, which is to set "Enable Modules (C and Objective C)"
              to No. But we didn’t have to do this before using XCode server.

b )  When committing to git repo , the following error happens “fatal: Repository has been updated ,
                but unable to write to new_index. Check the disk is not full or quota is not exceeded ,
                and then "git reset HEAD"   to recover”  Another work around we found online is to do on the client, 
               cp index backup ; mv backup index

We don’t want to have to do this every time we create a project, what could be wrong with the setup?

Posted on Apr 24, 2014 9:19 PM

There are no replies.

Mac OS X Server, File Sharing, Permission

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.