Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My sd card slot is not reading my card what should i do? Ive already tried reinserting the cards and restarting the computer

My sd card slot is not reading my card what should i do? Ive already tried reinserting the cards and restarting the computer

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010)

Posted on Apr 25, 2014 7:10 AM

14 replies

Jan 19, 2017 5:21 PM in response to NathC

I had a double problem with my SD card reader, and the solution was to have the card pulled out aproximately 5mm and lift up on it with some significant pressure. Thanks to the contributors of this thread as I had to do both actions (pulled out slightly AND lift up on the card) to get the Macbook Pro Late-2011 SD card reader to work. I don't think it's ever worked until just now and it's 5 years old currently. Thanks again for the help and God bless.

Sep 28, 2016 8:46 AM in response to maritafrommd

I had the same problem. I tried blowing it out but no success. To 'solve it' I had to pull up on the card while it was in the slot. This put more pressure on the contacts inside the reader. If I let go it ejected, so I had to import all the photos off the card whist pulling it up (bending it slightly, though not permanently!). Not an ideal solution but at least I have the contents now.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.