Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7.1.1 Download Error: “Software Update Unavailable”

WHy is this happening? How do I fix?

Posted on Apr 25, 2014 11:12 AM

5 replies

Apr 25, 2014 11:31 AM in response to roglesby

Are you doing the update thri ITunes and your computer or OTA?

I have had cases where my Itines updater failed the install of a ndew Ios in my IPhone 5, but when I trued it thru the phone as an over the air update it worked fine.

I'm trying the new update thru ITunes and my computer now. If I have a glitch, I'll got back to the OTA install thru the phone alone.

UPDATE on 'da Update:

Doing it thru ITines ghave me a notice my Phone was not eligible for the update.

But after I tried it in genral setting..software update...it bagan downloading ot. I'll see if it installs.

If it does, this is a continuing bug where ITines Notifies me its got an IPhone Update, takes several minutes to download it and says my phone is not eligible.

Apr 25, 2014 12:09 PM in response to drshame

The update is available through both OTA/Wifi and through iTunes. I only update through iTunes, it seems to be more stable that way and causes fewer problems.

What version of iTunes are you using? You may need to update it. That is the only reason that I can think of that iTunes might not let you do an update.

iOS 7.1.1 Download Error: “Software Update Unavailable”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.