Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to remove a device from my icloud keychain, but I no longer have to device i want to remove. How do I fix this issue?

How do I remove a device from my icloud keychain is I no longer have the device? I had an iphone for work and an iphone for personal use. I no longer have the work phone. But when I went to update the IOS on the work phone from my laptop & itunes it synced my personal icloud keychain stuff to my work phone. I don't have the work phone any more and I want to keep my personal stuff private. PLEASE HELP!

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Apr 25, 2014 12:00 PM

3 replies

Apr 27, 2014 9:02 AM in response to Dlstar

Hi Dlstar,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

If you had the Find My iPhone service installed on your work iPhone, you can remotely erase all of your personal information (including iCloud Keychain) from it.

iCloud: Erase your device

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH2701?viewlocale=en_US

Erase the info on your lost device

1. Sign in to icloud.com/#find with your Apple ID (the one you use with iCloud), then click Find My iPhone.If you’re using another iCloud app, click the app’s name at the top of the iCloud.com window, then click Find My iPhone.
  2. Click All Devices, then select the device you want to erase.
  3. In the device’s Info window, click Erase device.

To erase:

• An iOS device: Enter your Apple ID password. If the device you’re erasing has iOS 7 or later, enter a phone number and message. The number and message will be displayed on the screen after the device is erased.
  • A Mac: Enter your Apple ID password, enter a passcode to lock the Mac (you’ll need to use the passcode to unlock it), then enter a message. The message will be displayed on the screen after the Mac is erased.
  • If your device is online, the remote erase begins. A confirmation email is sent to your Apple ID email address.
  • If your device is offline, the remote erase begins the next time it’s online.

After the device has been erased, you should also disassociate it from your Apple ID:

iTunes Store: Associating a device or computer to your Apple ID

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4627

Removing an associated device or computer from an Apple ID

To remove a device or computer from your Apple ID:

1. Open iTunes.
  2. Sign in to your Apple ID by choosing Store > Sign In from the iTunes menu.
  3. Choose Store > View My Account from the iTunes menu.
  4. From the Account Information screen, click Manage Devices.
  5. Click the Remove button next to the device name you would like to unassociate.

Note: Removing a device from your Apple ID does not override the 90-day timer. You must wait 90 days from the day the device was first associated with your Apple ID before it can be associated with another Apple ID.

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

Apr 28, 2014 3:42 AM in response to judysings

Hi Judy,

Thanks for the instruction, but unfortunately it does not fix the issue. I have the same issue with old computers (see the screenprint below). I already tried resetting to default keychain and deleting all the items from the iCloud Keychain, but still my old computers are connected to my account.

How to remove old computers from iCloud Keychain?

User uploaded file

I want to remove a device from my icloud keychain, but I no longer have to device i want to remove. How do I fix this issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.