Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s Performance Problem after updating to 7.1.1

Hi everyone,

I was using ios 7 which come originally when you but iPhone 5s , it was great , fast and adorable .

yesterday I updated my iPhone 5s to ios 7.1.1

unfortunately I have faced some problems , the iphone 5s is now slower , the apps open slower than the ios 7,

I have iphone 5 which has ios 7.0.4 and it's much faster and smoother than the iphone 5s which has ios 7.1.1 ,

I was really disappointed about that ,

what do you think the problem is ?

Regards

iPhone 5s

Posted on Apr 25, 2014 4:16 PM

53 replies

Apr 25, 2014 4:22 PM in response to Kareem.johari

I have no performance issue with my phone.

try a reset, hold down the home/sleep button together until you see the apple logo and then release, then wait for the phone to boot back up. No data is loss.

if that doesn't work try to restore from backup, if that fails restore as new.

Also check this link http://osxdaily.com/2013/09/23/ios-7-slow-speed-it-up/

Apr 26, 2014 3:29 AM in response to Kareem.johari

I have the same experience. After upgrading my 5s to 7.1.1, it became slow and unresponsive, reacting to touches with a delay. After unlocking the screen sometimes it recognized my touches as a long press, turning on the "jiggling edit mode". I have tried restarting the phone, but it didn't helped.

Fortunately, yesterday I was able to downgrade it to 7.1 (with restoring the 7.1 ipsw), now my phone is snappy again.

Apr 26, 2014 4:57 AM in response to Aszter

I have the same problem as well, I had 7.0.4 upgrated to 7.1.1 and now my phone lags a good half sec before opening all apps.

I've NEVER jailbroken my phone, this is not a jailbroke issue, it is a performance issue

I wan't to go back to 7.0.4 but apple illegally sais I can't. This is unecceptable.

I thought apple left behind these shady practices, that was the reason I left them for awhile, after bricking my previous 2 iphones with similar manner.

I guess I should have known better, but unfortunately we have kids and kids download updates because they don't know any better.

I WANT THE ABILITY TO RESTORE MY PHONE TO THE ORIGINAL CONDITION THAT I BOUGHT IT.

This is ridiculus I am not buying a new apple device ever again.

Apr 26, 2014 5:18 AM in response to Kareem.johari

I had the same 0,5 sec lag when opening apps under 7.1.

I erased my iPhone and restored my backup and it resolved my problem.

I advise you to do the same.

For me, the 7.1.1 upgrade is a very good one, i ended the day with 8h of usage and 1d and 4h of StandBy.

All locations services on, and facebook / Snapchat disabled for background app.

All in all, my battery lasts easily 15% longer.

Fred.

Apr 26, 2014 8:52 AM in response to Lambda_function

I've downloaded the IPSW from the iOS Developer Center (it isn't made public by Apple), but I've seen the previous versions on numerous sites. There is two IPSW versions for the various 5s models, you can find your phone's model number on its back cover.

fredash: I only enabled Background app refresh for Weather, Gmail, Hangouts, and OneDrive and still, it's fast with 7.1, and sluggish with 7.1.1.

Apr 26, 2014 2:11 PM in response to Kareem.johari

thanks for your help fred and aszter

my wife's iphone 5s is having the same problem as mine.

I also compared them to my daughters ipad mini that runs 7.0.4 (A5 chip). and that thing runs properly.

FASTER than both our iphone 5s!!!!

wait it gets worse.

I dug up my old 4s installed 7.1.1 . Guess what?

it opens apps with the same speed as my 5s (as slow)

it seems that apple has on purpose implemented an artificial lag on all devices so that the new iphone will appear snappier than the older ones.

not sure about you guys but this is definitely not making me want to go out and stand in line for their new kit and to think that I was actually looking forward to buy an iphone with a bigger screen. not so much any more..

As you can tell I own a lot of apple products. maybe I will come around - it's not like samsung is god's gift to humanity. But This is definitely making question apple. Maybe HTC deserves a chance by me.

I also have a developer id so I am downloading the correct 7.1 ipsw as well and I will try again right now to put it on. first attempt didn't work out, I just upgraded itunes as well to see if that helps, I am putting it on recovery mode.

Just for the record, closing wifi, seems to randomly improve performance in some cases but not all the times..

biggest problem is in photos.

iPhone 5s Performance Problem after updating to 7.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.