Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad air to HDMI TV NO SIGNAL problem.

I have just bought an iPad air. When I connect the iPad to my TV using a lightning to Digital AV adapter and HDMI lead I'm getting NO Signal on the TV (LG).

I have previously been connecting my Mac book Pro to the TV to watch TV programmes (using thunderbolt to HDMI adapter and HDMI lead) with no problems.

I know the AV dadpter works as it can charge the Ipad from the lightning port.

Any ideas why the TV won;t pick up the signla from the Ipad.

Many thanks

🙂

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Apr 26, 2014 1:30 AM

17 replies

Sep 16, 2017 12:48 PM in response to bazzie66

My iPad mini had this same problem with the AV adapter and cable today. I am used to play youTube through the mini-AV adapter-HDMI-visio TV.

I tried the reset trick and it didn't work. Then I suspected that it was the hardware problem, so tried to clean the lightning jack on the mini with an alcohol swab. It is just sticking the tip of the swab in to the hole and press and rub to make sure it clean inside. Then I plug the av adapter and it worked on the TV.

You can find alcohol swabs from Walgreen pharmacy section.

Jan 31, 2018 5:37 AM in response to bazzie66

Latest update by Apple has stopped you using your HDMI adapter .do like I am do you talking by doing your walking ...i now use their competitors Samsung no Moore Apple products for me they have got far to greedy and the customer is now being milked they are now far to greedy they even slowed down your older Apple products to make you buy a new one roll on mega law suits against them

Apr 26, 2014 8:55 AM in response to bazzie66

I connect my iPad Air to my TV using the Lightning to Digital AV Adapter and it works fine. The problem you're experiencing has to lie in one of a few locations.

1. Bad HDMI cable or the connectors on the cable. Check with a different cable.

2. Bad adapter. Just because the lightning port on the adapter allows charging your iPad doesn't mean the HDMI port is good.

3. Software problem on the iPad. First thing to try is to reset your device. Press and hold the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Let go of the buttons and let the device restart. See if that fixes your problem.

4. Hardware problem on the iPad.

5. Wrong HDMI input selected on the TV. But you've already checked this one.

If the easy choices above do not help I would have an Apple technician examine your iPad and the Digitial AV adapter. Make an appointment at an Apple Store to have your device examined by a technician. Or contact Apple Support.

iPad air to HDMI TV NO SIGNAL problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.