Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deregistration wuestion.

What happens to my old device if I deregister - remove it from iTunes and apple cloud. Can I still buy apps off through the device?

I restored my old iphone for my daughter to use as itouch as she had some apps we bought on that device and didnt want ro lose it. And now I am having the ridiculous texting issues again -not receiving sms from iPhone users. I think what worked months ago was deregistering the device but I dont remember if we could still buy songs and apps on that be device.

Also, what would taking out a SIMS card do???

Thanks!

Elizabeth

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Apr 26, 2014 7:45 AM

5 replies

Apr 26, 2014 7:58 AM in response to enowa17

You should wipe the iPhone before you pass it on

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5661

Using iPhone as an iPod touch

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3406

After the above you can sign in with your Apple ID in Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID: > here

Remeber only in iTunes & App Store, all other Apple services like FaceTime, iMessage, Game Center, etc., you should create an Apple ID for your daughter.

And yes, you can still purchase Apps, books, etc with the iPhone.

Dec 10, 2014 8:10 PM in response to ckuan

The trouble it takes to deregister this worthless iPhone 5 is incredible. The phone just stopped working and will not charge or come on. All I want is to deregister the phone number but miraculously you cannot do that if the phone is not capable of receiving the ridiculous confirmation code. The support page even asks if you have your phone or not. When you say you DONT have the iPhone, it wants to send a code to the phone you don't have so you can deregister it. Now that makes a ton of sense doesn't it? Please fix the worthless tethering you have done with imessage and disabling phone numbers when they switch to functional devices. This is easily the biggest reason I do not and WILL NOT ever own or use an apple device. I tried to talk my son out of it, but he had to learn on his own. I just spend 45 minutes online with a very nice rep, but a very worthless rep because as he was talking to me, I was 2 steps ahead of him on the support page and reading the worthless instructions when you DO NOT HAVE YOUR PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just deregister my son's phone number without attempting to send a code to a nonfunctioning phone. Then the rep accidentally hung up on me and never once asked for a call back #. My call back number is 806 778 7269 if anyone from tech support ever reads these. I doubt I ever hear back from anyone and I will never be back on this site except to delete everything with my name on it.

Scott Scaff

deregistration wuestion.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.