Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updated itunes on my computer yesterday, now my music will not play

the triangle shaped play button turns into the pause button like its supposed to, but the music wont play. The music status bar doesn't even move like it is playing.

what do I do?

Windows 8

Posted on Apr 26, 2014 10:05 AM

1 reply

Apr 28, 2014 11:34 AM in response to Outdoor Barbie

Hello Outdoor Barbie,

It sounds like you recently updated iTunes and now you try to play music but the music does not actually play. If you have not already, I would start by restarting your computer. If that does not resolve the issue, I would next use this article to help troubleshoot audio play back on your PC:

iTunes and QuickTime for Windows: Audio does not play or plays incorrectly

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1362

Start with these steps, and if needed there are additional steps to use in the article:

• Update to the latest version of iTunes.
  • Update your audio drivers

Check to see if you have the latest audio driver updates for your computer and any installed components. Audio driver software updates often offer improved performance for your system. Read this articleto learn more about updating drivers on your Windows PC.

• Remove third-party iTunes plug-ins:
    • On Windows XP and Windows 2000, iTunes plug-ins are stored in the following location:
      C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iTunes Plug-ins
      Note: The "Application Data" folder is hidden by default. Choose Tools > Folder Options in the file browser window, then click the View tab and change the "Hidden files and folders" option to "Show hidden files and folders."
    • On Windows Vista or Windows 7, iTunes plug-ins are stored in the following location:
      C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iTunes Plug-ins
      Note: The "AppData" folder is hidden by default. Choose Organize > Folder and Search Options in the file browser window, then click the View tab and change the "Hidden files and folders" option to "Show hidden files and folders."
    • On Mac OS X, iTunes Plug-ins are stored in the following locations:
      /Users/username/Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins/
      /Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins/

If the issue persists after using all the troubleshooting from the above link, I would next use the following to remove iTunes and its associated softwares and install a fresh copy:

Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1923

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Sterling

Updated itunes on my computer yesterday, now my music will not play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.