It sounds like you unable to connect your Apple TV to the iTunes Store. I would use this troubleshooting from the following article to help you resolve the issue named:
Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation): Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections
If you discover that you aren't connected to a network, the signal strength is low, or some of these settings are incorrect or blank, try the following steps:
- Ensure that Apple TV is within range of your Wi-Fi router or base station.
- Confirm that your Wi-Fi router and cable/DSL modem are connected to power and turned on.
- Make sure other devices (computers, iPhone, iPad, for example) are able to connect to the Wi-Fi network and access the Internet.
- Check your Wi-Fi network settings on Apple TV:
- Choose Settings > General > Network > Wi-Fi and press the center button on the remote to display nearby networks.
- Choose your Wi-Fi network from the list.
- If your Wi-Fi network uses a password, make sure you are entering it correctly.
- Restart your Apple TV by choosing Settings > General > Restart.
- Try restarting your Wi-Fi router or modem by turning it off and then on again.
If possible, connect an Ethernet cable and verify your Internet connection. If you can connect to the Internet using an Ethernet connection, verify that your Apple TV is using the latest software by choosing Settings > General > Software Update. If your Apple TV can be updated, install the update and then try the steps again.
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.