Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 won't charge. Keeps restarting after 7.1.1 update. HELP!!!

So my iPhone 5 has never had any issues whatsoever. After the update to 7.1.1 my phone will not charge, it won't stop restarting itself over and over and over again. I've tried doing a factory restore and that hasn't fixed anything. I tried restoring from itunes and icloud back ups but the phone itself keeps restarting before it can be completed. My phone has basically become worthless after the 7.1.1 update. Is there anything that is helping? I've been reading a lot of discussions where people are having similar problems and no one has any real solutions. Yes I've turned it off and turned it back on again. Yes I've done a hard restart. Yes I've done the factory restore. Nothing is working. Please give me a real solution someone!!!! Thanks!

Posted on Apr 26, 2014 10:38 AM

1 reply

Apr 28, 2014 6:43 AM in response to Evian05

Hello Evian05,

It sounds like you have restored your phone, tried restoring from an iCloud backup, reset your phone, and it will not stop restarting on its own. I don't know if you have tried this yet, but I would next put the device into recovery mode, and then attempt another restore with this article:

If you can't update or restore your iOS device

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1808

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

iPhone 5 won't charge. Keeps restarting after 7.1.1 update. HELP!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.