Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Freehand X quits when I go to print

I just got a 20" iMac Duo. Everytime I go to print from Freehand X the application quits "unexpectedly". But it will sometimes go ahead and print though the print will look pretty crummy. I am printing to a Canon printer (not postscript). I can print fine out of Photoshop and Acrobat.

iMac Intel Duo, Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Aug 24, 2006 2:42 PM

4 replies

Aug 26, 2006 4:48 AM in response to Kristi McClendon

Hi. I had the same problem with an iMac (PowerPC) machine I used at a freelance job with FreeHand 11. The culpret was a corrupted printer driver. After the IT Department installed a new one, the problem went away.

I believe the path is Home-->Library-->Printers, but I am not totally sure on that.

Good Luck! FreeHand Rocks! Does anyone know if Adobe is going to release an upgrade? I hear it's more likely they're going to combine Illustrator & Freehand.

Aug 26, 2006 12:05 PM in response to Kristi McClendon

Freehand mx is kaput on intel in mac os.
Adobe bought macromedia and discontinued it.
Only hope for running it well on an intel machine is to use bootcamp or parallels. It works great in windows.
Only the keyboard shortcuts are tarded. Hate to see freehand go. It is a much better vector program for
production than illustrator. Stuff like its print dialog boxes are much easier to use. 😟

Aug 28, 2006 7:34 AM in response to Kristi McClendon

Thanks, I will try a new printer driver and see if that takes care of it.

I think Adobe just bought Freehand to do away with it.

I teach part time at a local college, and they have been telling us for a couple years to steer the students away from Quark and Freehand and get them using Adobe Indesign and Illustrator. I've refused to do this thinking why would we want to lose the options of using alternative programs. I feel Freehand is so much easier to use.

I woudl hate to see Adobe have a monopoly of sorts on design programs.
Kristi

Freehand X quits when I go to print

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.