Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WHY is it soo dificult to sign in to the community?

I have several "Apple ID's", and today I wanted to access the community forums any attempt to sign in with ALL my ID's using the correct email addresses and passwords generated this message:-

SORRY your session has expired. Please sign in again using your Apple ID account name and password

Upon opting to answer a security question, I'm told that I don't know my own birthday against each ID!!

As a final attempt to gain control of my ID's I opted to receive emails to change the passwords for each ID......out of FOUR ID's, only ONE received an email, which is how I have managed to get here!

Does anyone know what is the matter with the Sign in Database?

Where do I go to get some admin assistance?

iPad, iOS 6.1

Posted on Apr 26, 2014 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2014 1:23 PM

You can send feedback to Apple here:

http://www.apple.com/contact/feedback.html

We are other users here, just like you.

15 replies

Apr 29, 2014 2:43 AM in response to theracles

Just an update to my woes!

Managed to recover control of my various ID's but something is still odd:

The one which I have until now used to purchase Apps for my iPad is no longer accepted when using my iPad!

The same details are fine when Using my PC.... but only from the Firefox browser, ...IE9 tells me the details are incorrect!!

Has anyone else experienced this?

Apr 29, 2014 4:25 AM in response to Klaus1

lol! true! 😁

I've just used the same email address and password that I have used to sign in here (on my PC using Firefox)

on my iPad, and get the following bit of gobbledygook in one of those little windows that greys out the rest of your screen:

The saved password for XXX@xxx.com on Apple websites is different. Do you want to update it?

You can update the saved password only for 'idmsa.apple.com' or update saved passwords for all "apple.com" websites.

And the options are:- Update all Only this website or Not now

Scared that anything other than "Not now" would banish me into the void, I tap that one ...and I'm signed in!

Acouple of questions:

What is 'idmsa.apple.com' ?

Update all......"all" being what?

...all websites?

...all passwords for this identity?

.. and what is the point in having passwords if essentially, after being told that you've got it wrong, you can hit "Not now" and they just say "Oh well! go on then, we'll let you in!". 😐

Edit:

Not a clue who that was Raving like a lunatic!

Manners would not go amiss.... excuse me, or Sorry to hijack your thread etc. 😠

Apr 29, 2014 4:45 AM in response to theracles

Sorry for highjacking your thread 😝 just had goggles on and could only see that person and their rediculious post. Took me ages of showing mum reviews from all the mac experts etc to convince mum that mackeeper is not malware and wont hurt her computer, like this person claims it to be, and yours was the most recent post that this person had written on so its what i clicked to try tell em what a defamitory meanie they are.

I cant, but you are more than welcome to delete my posts (only the host can). Sorry again, hope you have some luck with your problem.

Apr 29, 2014 8:57 AM in response to seventy one

Thanks for that seventy one, also being of the retired persuasion, I hate wasting money!

One particular irritation is "non-geographic" numbers, for which I pay a connection fee and call charge over and above my much under used TalkTalk "anytime" calls package.

The fact that Apple gets a rake off on their call volume merely serves to alienate me further from their products!

Thanks for the link, it has some interesting information. 😉

Apr 29, 2014 9:11 AM in response to theracles

Out of interest, are you aware of the 'Say No to 0870' campaign which offers landline number alternatives for many of the non geographic numbers. Here is the link which I suggest you bookmark. Could save you money.

SAYNOTO0870.COM - Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers

They give an alternate free number for Apple of 0800 072 4873. Ask for extention 88802 and to speak to a representative. There are a host of other useful Apple numbers there, too.

Isn't it great to be retired 😀

Apr 29, 2014 9:42 AM in response to seventy one

Isn't it great to be retired 😀

Not 'arf ...as Fluff Freeman used to say!

lol, I must use 'Say No to 0870' a couple of times a day to 'convert' numbers!

Never thought to search for Apple there!

Might give that avenue a try tomorrow, thanks.

Just received a response from "communityaccounts@apple.com" where I've told the same tale of woe!

I think they are just people like us, but with 'moderator' privileges, not employees, so there is only so much they can do.

They say:-

We do not see an email collision between your Apple IDs that would cause an issue logging into Apple Support Communities, and the message you are getting imply it is an issue beyond Apple Support Communities.

Sounds painful but just what it implies I don't know.

Ancient as I am, I do remember my own birthday, a feat which it seems is beyond the capabilities of Apple's database software! 😁

Apr 29, 2014 10:09 AM in response to theracles

I read yesterday that Internet Explorer needs to be avoided at the moment due to a major security flaw. Well, it's microsoft, isn't it? And I have to ponder the need for so many Apple IDs.

For the future, I think you should choose the one you favour and abandon the rest. Bear in mind though, previous App purchases will always be associated with the ID you used to purchase them, so updates will need that same ID.

Thanks for the star.

Apr 29, 2014 10:41 AM in response to seventy one

As a linux user as well, I have to agree regards windoze security.

I'm running an old installation of Vista Ultimate, and cannot upgrade IE9 to IE10, so security will continue to decline.

Some of my problems might be due to that but to be fair, on my iPad, Safari is just as bad, concerning its inability to sign me in!

I must admit that the number of ID's seems excessive, but they were unintentionally created!

Before I entered the "Through the Looking Glass" word that is Apple logic, these were just created as Usernames and Passwords for various forums.....(Windoze and Linux logic).

Since these problems seem to happen quite regularly, I am loathe to abandon any possible route to maintain access to both forums and iTunes store!

I haven't yet tried to buy anything with my usual ID since this current debacle began, a treat I'm saving for later!

WHY is it soo dificult to sign in to the community?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.