Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

QLA (Quark License Administrator): Does it work with Quark 6.5 and 7.0?

Hi everyone,

A client of mine is using QLA (don't know which version) on a Windows server. He has several Macs with Quark 6.5 successfully authenticating with it. Now to my question:

Is it possible to use Quark 7 with this QLA or does it require its own version? If so, can it be run on the same machine that runs QLA for the 6.5 version?

Thanks a lot!
Björn

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.7), 30" ACD

Posted on Aug 24, 2006 3:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2006 7:15 AM

Hi,

It has been a year since I have fooled with QLA but used to do it quite alot. If I get what your trying to do. If you have a client running 6.5 connecting to the QLA server and all that is good you should be able to install 7.0 to a different directory if that is what your gunning for and configure it to hit the QLA server. But, you will need to makesure you add the licence to their pool at quark.com.. startup qla admin and add the new licence to whatever pool you have configured then install the QLA version of 7.0 and point it at the server. You should be alright from that point. You can also manually edit the licence or QLA file in the application folder to point it towards the server. If memory serves me properly it was client.dat or something similar in the Quark client folder. Sorry if this is a bit off but again my it has been well over a year since I touched it. Since nobody else was answering thought I would throw in my 2p.
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2006 7:15 AM in response to Björn Herrmann

Hi,

It has been a year since I have fooled with QLA but used to do it quite alot. If I get what your trying to do. If you have a client running 6.5 connecting to the QLA server and all that is good you should be able to install 7.0 to a different directory if that is what your gunning for and configure it to hit the QLA server. But, you will need to makesure you add the licence to their pool at quark.com.. startup qla admin and add the new licence to whatever pool you have configured then install the QLA version of 7.0 and point it at the server. You should be alright from that point. You can also manually edit the licence or QLA file in the application folder to point it towards the server. If memory serves me properly it was client.dat or something similar in the Quark client folder. Sorry if this is a bit off but again my it has been well over a year since I touched it. Since nobody else was answering thought I would throw in my 2p.

Aug 30, 2006 2:07 AM in response to hockeygoon

Hi hockeygoon,

first of all thank you for your time!

Do I get you right? I just install Quark 7.0 on the client Macs and use the current version of QLA on the Windows Server by adding the serial number pool of the new QuarkXPress to it? Or does the licence/serialnumber have to be added via the web at quark.com?

It's a very long time since I installed the QLA so I do not know how exactly it was installed/activated in the first place. Do you remember the normal procedure if you install QLA the first time?

I know about the config file in the App's directory, but was wondering if I can point both QXP 6.5 and QXP 7.0 to the same IP/port meaning the same QLA-Server.

Sorry for my massive wave of questions! 🙂
Thanks
Björn

QLA (Quark License Administrator): Does it work with Quark 6.5 and 7.0?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.