Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone keeps saying storage almost full I have purchased more storage but it's still saying it ? Help !!

My iPhone keeps saying storage almost full - I have purchased extra storage and it's still saying it - my cloud says i have 12.5 available - how do I use this ?

iPhone 5s

Posted on Apr 27, 2014 3:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2014 3:34 AM

Buying icloud storage does not increase storage on the phone. Go to settings/general/usage and it will tell you how much your phone started with and how much storage is left on it. If you do not have enough you will need to delete something from your phone

7 replies

Aug 14, 2015 2:27 PM in response to Kerri137

You probably already got help after all this time, but I will reply just in case, or for others with this problem. The "other" that is taking up all your storage on either your iPhone or your iPad is your cache from Safari. Go to "Settings" then "Safari" and scroll down towards the bottom to "Clear History and Website Data". That should free up a lot of space :-)

My phone keeps saying storage almost full I have purchased more storage but it's still saying it ? Help !!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.