Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 iOS 7.1.1 reboot while charging/syncing

Hi

Since a week now I'm having a terrible problem with my iPhone 5.

At the beginning, the battery capacity wasn't showing correctly. The whole day it kept the same batteryload of 88%. After reboot it said 6%, so this made me clear that after rebooting it may show the current battery capacity. When charging, and using the iPhone, the phone always reboots/crashes? after 2 minutes. This does not occur when i'm not using it and only charge the phone. I decided to restore the iPhone which became a complete disaster. Reinstalling the software was ok, this did not fix the battery problem and now i am unable to restore my backup because it reboots every 2 minutes during restoring.

small fact: the problem started on iOS 7.1 and kept occuring after installing iOS 7.1.1.

Any suggestions?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Apr 27, 2014 3:39 AM

9 replies

May 17, 2014 10:17 AM in response to Kyvill

yes, I got the same problems. and crash report CRC error or wdt timeout. but now the iphone 5 cannot power on, it seems cannot charging and Warranty period had passed. I already used it 1 year. tomorrow go to another shop for checking what is the problem. One shop told me I need to change main-board,but it is very high price . I will feedback~ 🙂

Jun 10, 2014 12:05 PM in response to chenyoulv

Hey man, i got this in my system log before the phone crashes:

every 5 seconds it gives these lines:

iPhone CLTM[14] <Error>: CLTM: Could not get event from temperature service

iPhone CLTM[14] <Error>: CLTM: Could not get value for gas gauge battery

I assume some internal connection fails to give away temperature of the battery.

after some of these, this show up:

iPhone com.apple.AppleHDQGasGauge[14] <Error>: gasgauge: SWI line low issuing reset

and again above etc..

after 3 painfull minutes the phone crashes with this notification:

iPhone locationd[53] <Warning>: notify name "com.apple.locationd.DumpDiagnostics" has been registered 20 times - this may be a leak

I don't know how to open a crash log but I think this is clear

iPhone 5 iOS 7.1.1 reboot while charging/syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.