Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I watch netflix from my I pad on my TV

How can I watch my netflix from my iPad to TV

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3

Posted on Apr 27, 2014 8:23 AM

17 replies

Mar 18, 2016 8:27 AM in response to Rhondakb

I've never heard of Rocketfish cable but google search shows that it's just an HDMI cable. Did you switch (your TV remote) to HDMI input channel that corresponds to the correct HDMI input on the TV? Did you try plugging the cable into different HDMI input on the TV? Before it fails, did you change anything such as upgrading iOS, upgrading Netflix app or changing cable etc?

Apr 27, 2014 8:50 AM in response to theresac581

You will need the appropriate AV cable for your iPad.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD826ZM/A/lightning-digital-av-adapter?fnode=3 a

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD098ZM/A/apple-digital-av-adapter?fnode=3a

You can also use AirPlay to send the video to an Apple TV through your wireless network, although the Apple TV also has the Netflix app installed. Even then the Apple TV is a good addition to your home theatre for streaming other content off the iPad, iPhones, computer or video rentals for iTunes.

Oct 27, 2015 8:31 AM in response to Stephen Spark

I've got an HDMI cable which normally transmits what I'm seeing on my iPad screen to my TV except when I try and play a Netflix movie I get a message (on the IPad) saying "Cannot Play Video - The connected display is not supported."

Anyone know why this is or if there's a workaround (hard or software)?

(If it helps anyone diagnose the issue, I get a similar (though not exactly the same) message with Sky Go but there's no problem with other apps incl. BBC IPlayer, ITV Player.)

Oct 27, 2015 8:51 AM in response to Backaland

Backaland wrote:

I've got an HDMI cable which normally transmits what I'm seeing on my iPad screen to my TV except when I try and play a Netflix movie I get a message (on the IPad) saying "Cannot Play Video - The connected display is not supported."

Anyone know why this is or if there's a workaround (hard or software)?

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/12139

I use Chromecast to stream Youtube, Netflix etc to TV.

Mar 16, 2016 12:03 PM in response to Rhondakb

Rhondakb wrote:

II've been streaming Netflix through my iPad for awhile successfully. I have the cable. However now somethings not connecting...get message on tv "no signal". Could this be my settings on my tv remote? I it on component to Netflix. Sorry, not very technical. Any suggestions appreciated.

How exactly do you stream? I can't help without knowing the details of your setup.

Mar 16, 2016 2:36 PM in response to theresac581

I am using an iPad 2 with the genuine Apple 30 pin digital AV adapter with it connected to my HDMI TV from 2012.

The Netflix App works great connected to my iPad 2 to the TV.

My iPad 2 is one of the older ones from 2012 when they were still making the 32 and 64 Gbs models.

My iPad 2 is a 64 GB model.

I do not know if there was some change in the newer 16 GB only models that came later on and Apple discontinued in 2014.

If you are using the same original digital AV adapter from Apple, maybe it has failed?

Does the adapter still work with other TV out supported apps?

Mar 18, 2016 11:09 AM in response to Rhondakb

Sometimes the AV Adapter and/or the dock connection can be flaky.

Have you tried using the AV Adapter with and without the power adapter plugged into it?

Does the iPad's home screen appear on your TV when you first plug in the HDMI cable to the AV adapter prior to starting Netflix?

Have you just tried simply unplugging and replugging the adapter, with all other cables still attached, back into the iPad?

With everything. plugged in, have you tried doing a hard reset of your iPad by holding down the. Home and sleep buttons simultaneously until the screen turns black and the Apple Logo appears and then let go of the buttons?

Mar 30, 2016 2:28 PM in response to ShagCA

A friend put a Rocketfish cable on back of my Samsung tv and I plug that into my ipad2. I change the settings on my tv remote and its always worked well. Now I get a signal on tv "no signal". I can watch netflix on my ipad but it won't stream through

yes, I changed tv remote settings to component as the cable has several wires. Always worked before. Now just get "no signal"....it's like there's no connection. Netflix works just fine on my iPad but it doesn't stream to tv.

Mar 30, 2016 2:57 PM in response to Backaland

The adapters for iPads can be unreliable and aren't terribly rugged. I would highly recommend purchasing a Chromecast or better still an AppleTV. If you're getting an HDCP error, that would likely be a bad or old HDMI cable. I would first suggest a new HDMI cable. If the issue still persists it could be your TV.

http://www.howtogeek.com/208917/htg-explains-how-hdcp-breaks-your-hdtv-and-how-t o-fix-it/

How can I watch netflix from my I pad on my TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.