Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just bought a new Samsung sound bar 450, which pairs easily to iPhone via Bluetooth but connects briefly then disconnects from new MacBook Air. Any ideas?

Just bought a new Samsung sound bar 450, which pairs easily to iPhone via Bluetooth but connects briefly then disconnects from new MacBook Air. Any ideas?

MacBook Air, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Apr 27, 2014 9:21 AM

11 replies

Apr 29, 2014 11:16 AM in response to leefromchicago

Hi leefromchicago,

Welcome to the Support Communities! The article below will help you troubleshoot the issue you are having with your bluetooth connection between your Samsung and MacBook Air. I've summarized a few key points from the article. Step number 9 is a useful one for the Mac. Click on the link to see more information:

Bluetooth Quick Assist

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1153#Learn

Top troubleshooting tips

1. Make sure that you have Bluetooth
    Open System Preferences (from the Apple menu, choose System Preferences), then choose Bluetooth from the View menu. If you're using a USB Bluetooth adapter, make sure that you connect it directly to a USB port on your computer—not to a port on your keyboard, display, or USB hub.
  2. Check your device's system requirements
    Make sure that your computer meets your Bluetooth device's system requirements—visit the device manufacturer's website for details. This also applies to a USB Bluetooth adapter, if you use one.
  3. Make sure that Bluetooth and your device are turned on
    To check your computer's Bluetooth status, choose System Preferences from the Apple menu, then click Bluetooth. In Bluetooth preferences, make sure "On" is selected. Check your device to make sure that it's also powered on.
  4. Verify that you've set up your device with your computer
    Open System Preferences and click Bluetooth (and click the Devices tab in earlier Mac OS X versions). You should see your device listed. If not, follow the instructions for Syncing Bluetooth devices with your Mac above.
  5. Recharge or replace your Bluetooth device's battery
    If your Bluetooth device's battery is low, you may experience connection issues.
  6. Download and install the latest software for the device
    Some Bluetooth devices require you to install software before you can use them with your Mac. Make sure that you've installed any required software or that you're using the latest software available for the device on your computer. Check the device manufacturer's website for the latest updates and more information.
  7. Check for a Bluetooth update
    To check for new software, choose Software Update from the Apple menu (make sure that your computer is connected to the Internet). If newer Apple Bluetooth software exists, Software Update will prompt you to install it.
  8. Reduce potential signal interference
    Because Bluetooth works by transmitting signals through the air, some things can interfere with connections. Avoid situations in which metal objects come between your device and computer. Keep your computer away from cordless phone base stations, microwave ovens, and other electrical devices that operate on a 2.4 GHz bandwidth. Make sure that your device and computer aren't more than 30 feet apart from each other.
  9. Restart your computer
    Sometimes a simple restart of your Mac is all it takes to get things running smoothly again. You may also want to try resetting your computer's PRAM and NVRAM.
  10. Reset your Bluetooth device
    Try turning your device off and then on again. If that doesn't resolve the issue, see if you can reset your device—refer to the documentation that came with your device for instructions.

Cheers,

- Judy

Sep 13, 2014 11:06 AM in response to leefromchicago

Just bought Samsung sound bar HW-F551 and was able to connect all my apple devices (iPhone 5, Ipad Mini and Macbook Air 2013) via bluetooth to the Samsung sound bar. Had issues at the beginning with Macbook Air, however after turning off and on both the Samsung sound bar and Macbook Air was able to establish connection. At that time turned off bluetooth on my iPhone and Ipad Mini. Hope this will help.

Oct 18, 2015 7:59 AM in response to leefromchicago

I was having similar problems with my Samsung HW-H551 (H550):

MacBookPro would detect the soundbar via Bluetooth, but when pairing/connecting it would connect for a few seconds before disconnecting.

I fixed this by navigating to the Samsung soundbar support pages HERE: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/video/soundbars

I searched for the model of soundbar and then download the firmware upgrade to USB and upgraded the soundbar.

It was easy to do and took less than 5 minutes - once you've found your firmware upgrade, you can follow the upgrade instructions HERE:http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/FM/201308/20130807195910364/USB_Upgrad e_Guide_English.pdf

Hopefully this will help others.

- AW.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.