Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth caller ID

There is no phone number or contact name displayed with incoming calls with my Bluetooth in my car. My previous phone displayed the caller's number.This phone is an iphone 5c. My car is a 2010 Nissan Rogue. Any solutions?

iPhone 5c

Posted on Apr 27, 2014 9:27 AM

3 replies

May 11, 2014 2:49 PM in response to kerrylusz

Hi kerrylusz,

I've highlighted below the sections of the article I referenced that apply to your situation. Is your iPhone updated to the latest version - 7.1.1? You will most likely need to contact Nissan to check compatibility with the iPhone. Sometimes a firmware update is needed for the vehicle.

iOS: Troubleshooting car stereo connections

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3581

1. Verify compatibility

Contact the manufacturer or refer to your car stereo's user guide to see if your device is compatible.

2. Update software and firmware if necessary

Verify that both your car stereo and your device have the latest software versions. Contact the manufacturer to see if any updates are available. If your device does not have the latest version of the iOS, update to the latest software version.

Bluetooth

Car stereos with Bluetooth may allow you to pair a device that can play calls or music through the car speakers. Ensure that your car stereo supports the A2DP Bluetooth profile before attempting to pair an iPod with it.

Note: iPhone can also connect using the HFP Bluetooth profile because it uses HFP to make phone calls through your stereo speakers. iPod devices do not have this protocol (because iPod devices aren't phones).

You can check for the A2DP Bluetooth profile by attempting to play music from your iPhone through your stereo speakers using Bluetooth. If calls route to the stereo speakers but music doesn't, it might not support A2DP. Contact the manufacturer or refer to your car stereo's user guide to see if your device is compatible.

iOS: Supported Bluetooth profiles

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3647

Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP)

Phone Book Access Profile allows the exchange of Phone Book Objects between iPhone and other Bluetooth devices*. (*Depending on the Bluetooth accessory, you may experience slight variations in profile functionality. These variations are governed by the accessory manufacturer, not the iOS device.) A car kit and a mobile phone use the profile to:

• Allow the car kit to display the name of the incoming caller
  • Allow the car kit to sync the phone book so the user can make a call from the car display

I hope this information helps ...

- Judy

Bluetooth caller ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.