Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new macbook 13 retina wont wifi connect to my new epson xp-212. USB is ok but the wifi only works with my iphone 5s and my other laptop which is a crappy toshiba windows 7 piece of junk. Earlier I thought the windows laptop was laughing at Mac.....HELP

Tried installing and uninstalling the various bits of driver software for the scanner and the printer but then I installed an updater which said the software to run the device was a part of the Maverick os and not supported by Epson. This is dreadful I have to do my taxes this week. Im stuffed.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), 16GB ram 2.8GHz 128GB SSD and Me

Posted on Apr 27, 2014 10:13 AM

1 reply

Apr 29, 2014 8:52 AM in response to PredatoryJCB

Hello, PredatoryJCB.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

Here are a couple articles that I would recommend going through when experiencing this issue.

OS X Mavericks: Solve printing problems

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH14142

If you are unable to print, or if you see the message "No AirPrint Printers Found"

Verify that the printer:

1. Has power and is turned on. If it has power, turn the printer off and then on again to see if that resolves the issue.
  2. Is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the iOS device.
  3. Has the latest firmware version installed.
  4. Has paper with enough ink or toner installed.
  5. Is free of any errors displayed on the printer's control panel.

If necessary, consult the printer documentation or contact the printer vendor for help with the above steps.Notes:

• AirPrint printers connected to the USB port of the Apple AirPort Base Station or Time Capsules are not supported with AirPrint.
  • Some Wi-Fi AirPrint printers can take several minutes to join a Wi-Fi network after being turned on. Ensure that the AirPrint printer is connected to the Wi-Fi network before attempting to print.

AirPrint Basics

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4356

Cheers,

Jason H.

My new macbook 13 retina wont wifi connect to my new epson xp-212. USB is ok but the wifi only works with my iphone 5s and my other laptop which is a crappy toshiba windows 7 piece of junk. Earlier I thought the windows laptop was laughing at Mac.....HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.