Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Change/Clear Default Podcast Feed Ratings

Somehow, YET AGAIN, one of my podcasts got a "clear star" default album rating accidentally. In the past, I was able to change this by right clicking next to the rating in "album view," but this version of iTunes only has a "My Podcasts" view that doesn't work the same.

In my current version of iTunes (11.1.5), if this happens to an album in my music library, I can switch to album view, right click on the album, click on Album Rating and override or clear anything.

With podcasts, I no longer have an "Album" like view. All I can do is right click on the podcast in the "My Podcasts" view, which gives me only the Rating menu option, not "Album Rating" or "Podcast Rating," and anytime I try to clear it or change it, nothing happens. I still have my two (clear) star rating which will not go away.

In all my attempts to fix this, I ended up clearing every one of my 65 individual podcast episode ratings. I'm not in a particularly good mood. I would love some help here.

Posted on Apr 27, 2014 10:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2015 2:41 PM

Each iTunes update is a new load of crap to wade through to get the same functionality we used to enjoy. That being said, I found a solution that worked for me (Windows).

Using the "My Podcasts" view, open the view options using either the "View" tab at the top left, Ctrl+J, or the view toggle button at the top on the far right. This toggle button says either "Podcasts" or "Episode List".

You need to select "Episode List" AND check the box for "Show Artwork" and this will show you a version of the Album View for your podcasts, including the option to change album ratings.

So much searching online, and there was no answer. Hopefully this works for you too.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2015 2:41 PM in response to Todd V.

Each iTunes update is a new load of crap to wade through to get the same functionality we used to enjoy. That being said, I found a solution that worked for me (Windows).

Using the "My Podcasts" view, open the view options using either the "View" tab at the top left, Ctrl+J, or the view toggle button at the top on the far right. This toggle button says either "Podcasts" or "Episode List".

You need to select "Episode List" AND check the box for "Show Artwork" and this will show you a version of the Album View for your podcasts, including the option to change album ratings.

So much searching online, and there was no answer. Hopefully this works for you too.

Cannot Change/Clear Default Podcast Feed Ratings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.