Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i want to download a purchased song onto my iTunes but i don't know how. When I am in the store, they buy button is a greyed out box that says purchased. Please help!

I am really confused. I have done this once before but it does not work any more. Any suggestions? iI know it is in my cloud but i dont know how to access that either for music

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 27, 2014 11:40 AM

1 reply

Apr 29, 2014 12:49 PM in response to dancebaby

Hello there, dancebaby.

It sounds like you are wanting to download previously purchased content to your MacBook. The following Knowledge Base article provides the steps for downloading your previous purchases onto your computer:

Download past purchases

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2519

After verifying that your content is available for redownload per the instructions:

Download previous purchases on Mac or PC

Make sure your Mac or PC meets these system requirements:

• iTunes 10.3 or later
    You need iTunes 10.6 or later to download previously purchased movies and TV shows.
  • iTunes account in a country where iTunes in the Cloud is available

iTunes Store

1. Open iTunes and go to the iTunes Store.
  2. Click Purchased in the Quick Links section.
    User uploaded file
  3. Select the content type that you want to download (Music, Movies, TV Shows, Apps, or Books).
  4. Select Not in My Library to view purchased content that isn't on your computer.
    User uploaded file
  5. Find the item that you want to download. You can browse using the menu to the left. If you have more than 2,000 songs, you will see Recent Purchases instead of All Songs or Albums.
    User uploaded file
  6. Click the Download User uploaded file icon next to the item you want to download.
    If an item is already in your library, the Download icon won't appear.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

i want to download a purchased song onto my iTunes but i don't know how. When I am in the store, they buy button is a greyed out box that says purchased. Please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.