Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help, I accidently deleted the app store

As a result I cant do updates, find my contacts, calendar, etc. How can I reinstall? I'm currently running OS X 10.9.2 on my Macbook Pro that I purchased a little over a year ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS 9.2.x

Posted on Apr 27, 2014 1:03 PM

4 replies

Apr 27, 2014 1:32 PM in response to rockfr3sh

Did you actually delete it from your Applications folder or just the Dock? Check to see if it's still in Applications. If it's not there you could try downloading and re-installing the 10.9.2 Combo installer in the hope that will re-instate the App Store:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1726

Not sure why you can't find your contacts and calendar though as they are separate apps - also check your Applications folder for those apps - maybe it's just the Dock they're missing from.

It's OK to re-install over your existing version of 10.9.2, but I'd recommend you have full backup that you can restore from should things take a turn for the worse (they shouldn't, but it's always a good idea to have a recovery plan in place before you need one).

Apr 27, 2014 10:29 PM in response to rockfr3sh

If you've re-installed the OS (or did you just re-apply the Combo) then I'm at a loss as to why the App Store isn't listed. Does it appear in the Apple menu, top left of the screen?

If you didn't do a complete re-install of the OS you could do it via the Recovery HD - restart holding down Command + r and select 'Re-install OS X...'. More info here:http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4718

As an aside, I see you have CleanMyMac installed - it often appears in reports on here as causing problems for some users, in that its (completely unnecessary) cleaning facility can be over enthusiastic and occasionally remove essential system files rendering a Mac inoperable.

Help, I accidently deleted the app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.