Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connect to a Wifi login page with iPhone 5s

Hello all,

For work I stay in hotels a lot. This time, the hotel provides a username and password for the internet access. I stayed here before and when you connect to the wireless network of the hotel, a login page pops up in Safari where you can enter the username and password, click ok and there you go, my iPhone 5s is connected.

Now Im back in the same hotel, password and username havent changed, and I want to connect to the Wifi again. I turn my Wifi on, select the wireless network and connect to it. So far so good, but the login page doesnt pop up. I am connected to the network but nog logged in and i have no internet connection. I have googled for hours and tried all of the proposed solutions:

- reset network settings

- switching wifi, mobile data, iPhone, autofill, popup-blocker, etc ... on and of

- open safari and open new tab

- ... everything i found

Im sick and tired of not having internet anymore especially cause it worked before. I asked the personnel of the hotel but they dont know sh*t about it.

Can anyone help me with a solution? If you need more info, please ask.

Thanks in advance!

PS: I have iOS 7.0.4, I thought hey, maybe an update would help, but guess what... I have no internet. And since i am abroad, mobile data is not an option for this moment.

PPS: The internet does work. I am writing this with my laptop that is connected to it and my colleague has internet - she also has a iPhone 5s. I checked her settings but still no result...

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Apr 27, 2014 6:34 PM

2 replies

Apr 27, 2014 7:08 PM in response to StijnDC

I have found a couple things which often help me in situations like this.

First, I will go into the wifi networks, and tap the "i" in the circle to get the information for that network, and then tap the "forget this network" at the top. THis will then give me the list of networks again, and I can re-choose the same one to connect. If that still doesn't bring up the login page, you may need to many=ually launch safari on your iPhone to get it to bring-up the login page. When I am at work, Ineed to login to the "guest network" with my iPhone, and it almost never automatically opens the login page any more, I have to launch the browser to get to the login page.

For me, those tow things above seem tp resolve most of the issues I have with connecting to wifi networks that require a login that is different from the one which different from teh last time I've connected to that network.

Connect to a Wifi login page with iPhone 5s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.