Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why cant I download update 5.1.1? Itunes timeout 3295 during download!

Hello I have tried to update my ipod touch 3rd generation 64GB from 4.3.5 to 5.1.1 . Itunes gives me the option to update so I click the update button and confirm the 5.1.1 update. The download starts and a little while later it stops and says error 3295 connection timed out. I have tried this several times the download will get anywher between 10 - 40% done and just stop! The download will not resume and has to be restarted. I have done this over 10 times! So I know people will say: turn off anti virus (I have), turn off firewall (I have), Its your internet connection (no it is not, nothing else times out), get the latest version of Itunes (I have). Any other info would be helpful. Thanks!

iPod touch

Posted on Apr 27, 2014 11:15 PM

3 replies

Apr 28, 2014 1:39 AM in response to B8rad88

"Error 3000" through "3999"

Alerts with codes in the 3000 range generally mean that iTunes cannot contact the gs.apple.com server on ports 80 or 443. This may be because out-of-date or incorrectly configured security or firewall software is interfering, or due to your Internet proxy settings. If you are using a proxy, try removing the proxy settings, or using a known-good network. If that does not resolve the issue, follow iTunes for Windows: Troubleshooting security software issues.

Apr 28, 2014 2:54 AM in response to lllaass

Dont mean to be rude but did you read anything i wrote or just the title? turn off anti virus (I have), turn off firewall (I have), Its your internet connection (no it is not, nothing else times out), get the latest version of Itunes (I have). Proxy (none), I have seen that page nothing works. I cannot update or even restore because download will not complete. Is this apples doing by not siggning 5.1.1 anymore. I cant possibly find anything wrong on my end. I need some advice beyond the troubleshooting page that is not fixing anything.

why cant I download update 5.1.1? Itunes timeout 3295 during download!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.