Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipod nano 6 stop working when the light turn off

My ipod nano 6 stop working when the light turn off and can't find the radio. These problems started simultaneosly.

iPod nano, 6 generation

Posted on Apr 28, 2014 5:52 AM

2 replies

Apr 30, 2014 12:36 PM in response to mcocardoso

Hello, mcocardoso.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

Here is an article that I would recommend when experiencing this issue. This also could be the reason for the radio option missing as the headphones are used as an antenna.

iPod nano (6th generation): Music stops when display turns off

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3700

Cheers,

Jason H.

Jul 24, 2015 5:39 AM in response to jason269

If, as in my case, you have had the nano for years, I knew the earphone plug was snug against the nano. Then I tried another trick by putting a basketball air needle and pumping hard to blow out anything. That didn't work. Then I tried the expensive fix I saw on You Tube. I opened up a paper clip and fished it up the hole in the nano. Lo and behold, a piece of lint that would have made my belly button proud popped out on the end of the paperclip. When I put the plug back in, I heard the snap locking it in. Before that, even though the plug was flush, it didn't feel locked in. And, with the snap, the nano is working normally again.

Now If I can only find such a simple cheap answer for my cracked screen (from multiple drops on pavement) .......................

My ipod nano 6 stop working when the light turn off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.