Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happened to pics after iPhoto upgrade?

I am running osX 10.9.2 and iPhoto 9.5.1. Yesterday when I opened iPhoto a note said that I needed to upgrade iPhoto. Which I did. After that I lost all of my photos since 2010. I have been reading the discussions about lost pics and have tried rebuilding the library, but to no avail. I went to Carbonite and did a Iphoto restore, but came up with an error message that said iPhoto Library/Data.noindex.

I have not tried deleting iPhoto and reinstalling it yet. I don't know if that would maybe compound my problems or not, because I can't find the pics anywhere on the computer.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thank you.

mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Apr 28, 2014 7:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2014 7:07 AM

do you have a local backup?

user experiance and tests show that Varbonite is not capabile of backing up the iPhoto library and then restoring it

You can try to Back up your iPhoto library, Depress and hold the option (alt) and command keys and launch iPhoto - rebuild your database but I strongly suspect that yoru Carbonite restore has damaged the library beyond repair and that a local backup will be required or you will have to start over with a new library using the contents of the Masters folder

LN

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2014 7:07 AM in response to willi333

user experiance and tests show that Varbonite is not capabile of backing up the iPhoto library and then restoring it

You can try to Back up your iPhoto library, Depress and hold the option (alt) and command keys and launch iPhoto - rebuild your database but I strongly suspect that yoru Carbonite restore has damaged the library beyond repair and that a local backup will be required or you will have to start over with a new library using the contents of the Masters folder

LN

Apr 28, 2014 7:25 AM in response to willi333

right click on the iphoto library and show package contents - if the library is reasonably intact there will be a masters folder there which contains your original images - since Carbonite does not handle the iPhoto library correctly I can not predict what it has restored - hopefully your originals are there

LN

Apr 28, 2014 8:57 AM in response to willi333

If there is no Masters folder then there is nothing for IPLM or anything else to work with

You never answered my first question

If you do restore it

If you don't see if you can figure out how to restore just the masters folder from Carbonite - if you can do that then you can start over from scratch

LN

What happened to pics after iPhoto upgrade?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.