Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Palm - Sync question

Do I need to be careful when selecting 3rd party software for my Palm? Do I need to look that it is compatible with Macs?
Should I be concerned it might not sync properly?
Thank you.

iBook G4, Mac OS X (10.4.4), 30yrs on Windows: New to Apple--Happy, but CLUELESS.

Posted on Aug 25, 2006 5:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2006 7:37 AM

Generally, no. Most Palm OS based applications will exchange data with your Mac OS X based computer without any problems.

The notable exception: Palm OS applications which require a matching application—and for which the matching application is available on for the Window OS—will not synchronize. Some airline schedules are available only in this manner, as are specialty applications like the Palm OS synchronization tool for Weight Watchers. Dumb, but all too common.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2006 7:37 AM in response to Lizz

Generally, no. Most Palm OS based applications will exchange data with your Mac OS X based computer without any problems.

The notable exception: Palm OS applications which require a matching application—and for which the matching application is available on for the Window OS—will not synchronize. Some airline schedules are available only in this manner, as are specialty applications like the Palm OS synchronization tool for Weight Watchers. Dumb, but all too common.

Palm - Sync question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.