Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Within the budget template; how would one create an entire year worth of a budget; with out having to create a separate page for each month?

Help!

Loving the budget template, but I would like to be able to create an entire years worth of a buget with out creating a whole new transaction/budget page for each month. How do I get the new transaction to identify a new budget chart?

Thanks, Emily

MacBook Pro, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Apr 28, 2014 10:37 AM

4 replies

May 1, 2014 6:47 AM in response to numbers help

Emily,

No need to think the budget template is only for one month. Just keep typing the date in the date column of the "Transactions" sheet and the details will update. You should adjust the budget categories to match the duration of time you want to use.

User uploaded file

If you do want month-by-month, then you can switch to the "Transactions" sheet, select the table, cut

then switch back to the "Budget" sheet, paste.

Now rename the "Budget" sheet something like "Budget Jan 2014", and delete the "Transactions" sheet. Set the budget for Jan in the column I highlighted above. The subsequent months, duplicate the monthly budget:

User uploaded file

Then adjust the the entries in the transactions table inside this sheet.

Within the budget template; how would one create an entire year worth of a budget; with out having to create a separate page for each month?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.