4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 10, 2014 1:22 PM by jenniferfrombrisbane
numbers help Level 1 Level 1

Help!

Loving the budget template, but I would like to be able to create an entire years worth of a buget with out creating a whole new transaction/budget page for each month. How do I get the new transaction to identify a new budget chart?

Thanks, Emily

MacBook Pro, iOS 7.1.1
  • SGIII Level 6 Level 6
    expertise.macosx
    Mac OS X

Hi Emily,

The budget template is useful.  But it's not clear to me what you want to add to it. Can you restate your question?

SG

• Wayne Contello Level 6 Level 6
    expertise.iwork
    iWork

Emily,

No need to think the budget template is only for one month.  Just keep typing the date in the date column of the "Transactions" sheet and the details will update.  You should adjust the budget categories to match the duration of time you want to use.

Screen Shot 2014-05-01 at 8.41.04 AM.png

If you do want month-by-month, then you can switch to the "Transactions" sheet, select the table, cut

then switch back to the "Budget" sheet, paste.

Now rename the "Budget" sheet something like "Budget Jan 2014", and delete the "Transactions" sheet. Set the budget for Jan in the column I highlighted above.  The subsequent months, duplicate the monthly budget:

Screen Shot 2014-05-01 at 8.43.48 AM.png

Then adjust the the entries in the transactions table inside this sheet.

• Jerrold Green1 Level 7 Level 7

Emily,

Would something like this work for you?

Screen Shot 2014-05-01 at 10.07.49 am.png

Jerry

• jenniferfrombrisbane Level 1 Level 1

Jerrold,

I had a similar question to Emily's.  I had hoped there would be a comprehensive template for the year but with individual monthly components that flowed on from each other and with an annual summation. Does your table above do this? If so how can I (a complete novice) construct it?

Jennifer