Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hello. i have a 2011 iMac G4 with OSX10.9.2 and I can't find AirPlay . is it on this version of iMac? i just got a new soundsystem expecting to connect via AirPlay

hello. i have a 2011 iMac G4 with OSX10.9.2 and I can't find AirPlay . is it on this version of iMac? i just got a new soundsystem expecting to connect via AirPlay but don't know where to find it....?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Apr 28, 2014 2:03 PM

7 replies

Apr 28, 2014 2:06 PM in response to sketchpadworld

About AirPlay and Airplay Mirroring

AirPlay Mirroring requires a second-generation Apple TV or later, and is supported on the following Mac models: iMac (Mid 2011 or newer), Mac mini (Mid 2011 or newer), MacBook Air (Mid 2011 or newer), and MacBook Pro (Early 2011 or newer). For non-qualifying Macs you can try using Air Parrot.

Several Apple Articles Regarding AirPlay

Apple TV (2nd and 3rd gen)- How to use AirPlay Mirroring

How to set up and configure AirPort Express for AirPlay and iTunes

iTunes- Troubleshooting AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring

iTunes- Using AirPlay

Apple TV (2nd and 3rd gen)- Understanding AirPlay settings

About AirPlay Mirroring in OS X Mountain Lion

iTunes 10- About playing music with AirPlay

Troubleshooting AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring

Using AirPlay

Thanks to the $15 Beamer, AirPlay streaming is still possible on Macs that do not support Airplay and mirroring.

Other solutions are the Air Parrot, StreamToMe, and AirServer.

Apr 28, 2014 2:17 PM in response to sketchpadworld

Does your hardware fit the requirements? Do you have an Apple TV? Do you have a Mid-2011 iMac? Did you actually read the links provided? If it's New to you and you don't Understand, then educate yourself by reading the articles provided to you.

Why do you need an Apple TV? Because you can't use Airplay without one. That's why it appears as a requirment.

Apr 28, 2014 2:41 PM in response to sketchpadworld

sketchpadworld wrote:

hello. i have a 2011 iMac G4 with OSX10.9.2 and I can't find AirPlay . is it on this version of iMac? i just got a new soundsystem expecting to connect via AirPlay but don't know where to find it....?

First, to avoid confusion, you do not have an iMac G4. Those were the old PowerPC-based iMacs, discontinued several years ago.

As to the AirPlay problem, what sound system brand and model do you have? Are you certain it features AirPlay capabilities?

hello. i have a 2011 iMac G4 with OSX10.9.2 and I can't find AirPlay . is it on this version of iMac? i just got a new soundsystem expecting to connect via AirPlay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.