Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iTunes has been stuck on "Checking iTunes Library" for quite a long time. After a while, the message freezes, and I am forced to quit iTunes.

My iTunes has been stuck on "Checking iTunes Library" for quite a long time. After a while, the message freezes, and I am forced to quit iTunes. There is no way I can possibly view iTunes, since the application never responds. iTunes won't even pop up in the Menu Bar either. There is no way I can even access the title "Itunes" except by clicking the little icon in the toolbar, which doesn't get me anywhere. I believe my problem may be sprouting from some hung tracks in Itunes Match. I've read posts on how to delete these hung tracks, but I can't delete them since I can't access Itunes/it's settings in any way. Does anybody here know what to do? This is unbelievably frustrating. Also, does anybody think that this is caused by a computer virus???

Posted on Apr 28, 2014 5:12 PM

27 replies

Apr 29, 2014 12:19 AM in response to no clue2

Hi,

Try holding option key (Mac) or shift key (PC) whilst turning off match. Close iTunes and reboot your computer and Internet router. Open iTunes and select add this computer. Does scan process complete?

You can also find tracks with a waiting iCloud status. Add iCloud status column in song view, go to menu > view > view options and tick box. There may be a problem with one of those tracks. Try removing the tracks from library and see if process completes. If so, try adding the songs back a small number at a time.

Jim

My iTunes has been stuck on "Checking iTunes Library" for quite a long time. After a while, the message freezes, and I am forced to quit iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.