Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Custom assigned ringtone for a contact nor working on iPhone 5S

On new iPhone 5S with ios 7.1.1, custom assigned ringtone for specific contact is not working. I have restarted the phone, reset and restored the phone from backup, and read many discussion boards. It souds like others are having the problem as well and I have not found the solution yet. Does anyone know of a way to fix this issue?

MM

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Apr 28, 2014 5:35 PM

1 reply

Jul 31, 2015 12:21 PM in response to Wendy888

I have an iPhone 5s with latest version of IoS. I used Garageband to create some ringtones and synced these to the iPhone. I assigned some of them to favourite contacts and made one the default tone. However, when my favourite contacts ring me I still get the default tone, not the tone I assigned to them. I like to have the facility to have a specific ringtone for each of my favourites, i.e. partner, relatives, friends etc. Being denied this is a minor irritant after I'd laboriously created ringtones from my favourite music. Has anybody had a similar problem.

Custom assigned ringtone for a contact nor working on iPhone 5S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.