Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto not uploading to websites

I'm using Ribbet or Picmonkey or any online photo editor and uploading a pic results in nothing happening. When I try to cancel the command to upload a picture, then iphoto opens but I can't scroll or choose a photo to upload. I can't close the window. I have to force quit everything and start over. I've restarted computer. I'm at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated

iPhoto '11

Posted on Apr 28, 2014 6:53 PM

10 replies

Jul 12, 2014 12:39 AM in response to LarryHN

My iMac runs on 10.7.5 and iphoto'11 on 9.4.3.

On Photobox once I click the upload photos it can take up to 6 minutes to get a box directing me to iphoto, but I cannot access or scroll to anything inside the box, it's just dead, this box will not close unless I restart the Mac. I get the same with Ebay. I cannot drag and drop the photos into either as I've tried that too.

The strange thing is, if I send the photo to my iPad and upload it to Ebay from there it works fine (I haven't tried Photobox on the iPad yet), also if I choose to upload a photo to photobox from Facebook ( which is an option they offer) I can do that. But when ordering prints I don't want to have to send all my photos to Facebook just to be able to upload them.

Yes....the iMac has been switched on and off a number of times !!!

Jul 12, 2014 12:48 AM in response to Gilmak

That sounds more like an issue with the uploading mechanism on whatever website or web browser you are using, especially when you say:

I click the upload photos it can take up to 6 minutes to get a box directing me to iphoto, but I cannot access or scroll to anything inside the box, it's just dead, this box will not close unless I restart the Mac

Can you access the Library from other apps - like Pages, iMovie or Mail?

Edit: as it's also happening on more than one website I would strongly suspect the uploader rather than the website. What browser are you using? Have you tried a different one?

Jul 12, 2014 2:18 AM in response to Yer_Man

I've just tried on Firefox and the pics uploaded in seconds. I tried again on safari and got a message saying I needed to open Safari with a 32bit memory or something like that. But I'm at a loss how to get into Safari to change it to open to 32bit. At least I can use Firefox now. I'm not brilliant on my iMac ...trouble with being in your 60's, the brain fugs up !!!

iphoto not uploading to websites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.