Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't recover my normal account after I tried to reset password from terminal page. now my Mac loads up as if new. Can anyone help me fix this problem

I had forgotten my password so I decided to reset the password through the terminal page (command-s) I have followed some steps from a forum on how to reset without reinstalling OS. However now my Mac brings me to its install format and I cannot go back to my original account. I'm scared that I have lost everything but it does not seem possible by the steps I have followed. Now I cannot log in to my computer with it asking me to create an account as if I just had started with my Mac. Need help, there has to be a recovery mode and I cannot recall saving on time machine lately ! HELP

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 28, 2014 7:40 PM

2 replies

I can't recover my normal account after I tried to reset password from terminal page. now my Mac loads up as if new. Can anyone help me fix this problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.