Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Macbook warranty valid for online shopping ?

I would like to buy Macbook Air from online shopping sites like flipkart.com or snapdeal.com . But i'm not clear regarding warranty.

As snapdeal and flipkart.com displaying 1year warranty in their websites, but these websites are not authorised apple sellers. In future, if i face any hardware problems or yellow tint on screen, will apple service center accept my warranty ?

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 29, 2014 1:36 AM

7 replies

Oct 9, 2015 2:03 PM in response to kakanivenkatesh

Flipkart.com says their MacBook Air Warranty is serviced by Apple …. so it looks OK

This was screen grabbed right off the Flipkart.com site for the Apple MBA:

User uploaded file

http://www.flipkart.com/apple-mjve2hn-a-ultrabook-core-i5-5th-gen-4gb-128gb-mac- os-x-yosemite/p/itme6pzxx6uyzv7j?pid=COM…

It looks like the same holds true for snapdeal.com, selling the MBA as well:

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/apple-macbook-air-mjvg2hna-notebook/667430281330 #bcrumbLabelId:57

Oct 9, 2015 2:16 PM in response to kakanivenkatesh

If the MacBook you are planning on purchasing, is sealed and brand new, it will come with an Applecare warranty. The issue sometimes is that many Apple sellers are selling opened/returned, refurbished, or already one-time previously purchased Apple products (even if new and sealed, it may already be "cutting into" the remaining Applecare warranty time left on the product).

Apple will only honor their Applecare warranty from the ORIGINAL (first-time) purchaser date of that specific Apple product. So if the online seller once purchased that Apple product (meaning it has already been purchased from Apple, before you buy it)…. then AppleCare warranty would only be effective from the original FIRST-TIME purchase date.

Again … clear the warranty issue with the seller BEFORE purchasing!

Apple Macbook warranty valid for online shopping ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.