Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My loops just...disappeared, as I was working on a project. My Mac instructed me to reinstall loops. WTH? Any ideas?

While producing a song for a client in Logic, I was adding some reference loops from garage band. I've done this endless times before with no problem. Now however, I get a message, in the middle of production..."No Apple Loops Found. There are no apple loops installed on you system. Please reinstall the apple loop package." What the heck? Please....anyone have a fix for this? I'm on a deadline here.

Thank you.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Apr 29, 2014 5:00 AM

6 replies

Apr 29, 2014 5:29 AM in response to Forrest667

"No Apple Loops Found. There are no apple loops installed on you system. Please reinstall the apple loop package."

Are you getting this message in Logic or in GarageBand?

What is your GarageBand version?

Your loops should be installed in the folder

/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/

Older version may have installed them in different folders, see this document: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1045

If the loops are really missing, restore the content of the loops library from your backup.

Apr 29, 2014 6:44 AM in response to léonie

Thank you for your reply. I'm running logic and accessing loops. I was actually looking at the screen in the middle of edits when all of the loops went gray and I got the error message. I have checked the folders where the loops should be. They are all still there. Should I go to disk utility and repair permissions? I'm usually pretty good with this kind of thing; however I'm stumped. I've just moved my studio, and I'll be very lucky to find my install disks in any timely manner. Plus, my files say all of the loops are installed.

Apr 29, 2014 7:43 AM in response to Forrest667

Check, if it is a system wide problem and log into a different uer account, e.g. the Guest account.

Then launch Logic and test, if Logic can access the loops from that account. This test should tell us, if there is something wrong with the settings in your regular account.

Which version of Logic and GarageBand are you using? Is your profile signature MacOS X 10.7.5 still current?

Apr 29, 2014 8:55 AM in response to léonie

Garage band is 4.1.2 Logic is 9.1.8. I will try under a guest account and repost tonight or tomorrow. Thank you very much for your help. You are an angel. I am a musician/writer/photographer stuck in the Atlanta area. I need my Apples for all of my work. My current music website is dfive.org. Go there if you want...everything you see and hear is full resolution and you can stream and download it all for free. I'll get back on this string sometime in the next 24 hours. Again...Thank you!!!!

May 5, 2014 8:41 AM in response to Forrest667

Forrest,

if the loops are still there, rebuild the Loop index.

In LogicProx X there is a menu item "Reindex all Loops" in the "Loops" drop down menu in Loop Browser. I don't know, how it is done in your version of Logic. Search in the help for Loop Index.

-- Léonie

Found it:

Logic Pro 9 and Logic Express 9: Rebuilding the Loop Index

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5037?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

My loops just...disappeared, as I was working on a project. My Mac instructed me to reinstall loops. WTH? Any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.