Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mavericks Save As function gone!!

This is the first time I've written in one of these but I'm so frustrated by Mavericks! I updated and everything that I knew before has changed and has slowed my whole work load down. First off.......where the **** is the "Save As" funciton now for a document. The only field I can find in "Rename". It's a real pain in the butt when an update is made and you have to spend ours on google/trouble shooting sections just to work out how to do simple tasks. Apple you really aren't making things easy for your regular users.

Can anyone tell me where the "Save As" function has gone?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 29, 2014 4:09 AM

6 replies

Apr 29, 2014 4:38 AM in response to Leannemariexx

The new metho is to open the older file, duplicate it, then change it. This was a bit opposite of my old work flow where I would open the older file, change it, then do a save as. With the introduction of "versions", it's important to duplicate first or the older file will get changed.

I don't use versions so I still struggle a bit with this but for versions to work, duplicate first.

Apr 29, 2014 10:02 AM in response to Leannemariexx

It's worth pointing out that the way documents are saved has radically changed. You should learn about how the new method works. If you attempt to continue working in the same way, you will likely get frustrated.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4753

Essentially, files are now automatically saved. One major change is that if you intend to work on a document and then rename it, you may get into trouble, as the original will be auto-saved while you're working on it.

Better to Duplicate the file from the outset and then work on it.

Mavericks Save As function gone!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.