Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop my Mac from accidentally displaying a "history" page?

There is nothing more frustrating than trying to post a response to a website in a text box, when the screen I am on "slides to the right" and I lose everything I typed! I try to be very careful not to slide across the mouse, but apparently it inadvertantly happens. When it does I can not retrieve any of the work I've typed in and I have to start all over. There must be a way to control this so that I don't accidentally go backwards to an old page, but I cannot find it. I've reverted to typing all of my responses in a seperate document first and then cutting and pasting it in the window to avoid losing my work, but this is real pain.

iMac

Posted on Apr 29, 2014 6:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2014 8:42 AM

I don't have a Magic Mouse right now to test, but you should be able to turn off the option to swipe between pages in the Mouse system preferences. You similarly should be able to control other gestures such as swiping between full-screen apps, etc.

Regards.

4 replies

Mar 16, 2015 9:20 AM in response to varjak paw

Yes, helped me too. What is REALLY annoying is that the problem arises in the first place. Why create a feature that deletes all your recent typing? Why doesn't it warn you that doing that with your fingers will delete all your typing? Why, having done it, can't there be a feature to retrieve all your work? And finally, and this is my biggest bugbear, why create a system that is so incredibly complicated (and I have been a Mac user since 1984) that no single user can EVER be readily familiar with all its features, an aspect that is aggravated by having seemingly lots of different ways of achieving the same thing.

Doh!

How do I stop my Mac from accidentally displaying a "history" page?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.